Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia (preferably)
Duration: Full Time
Come join the dynamic team at Mindful—a public benefit corporation dedicated to sharing secular mindfulness with the world, as a support to good health, positive relationships, and the creation of a compassionate society. With a monthly audience of over two million, this is a chance to make a real impact! You’ll enjoy our positive, flexible, and collaborative work culture. We like what we do, but more importantly, we like each other.
We’re seeking an energetic and well-rounded Junior Designer to join our creative team. This is a full-time position. The ideal candidate will have excellent design skills across all mediums, including print, social, and digital. You will also have strong project management skills—bonus if you have an interest in mindfulness! The position will work directly with our Creative Director. You’ll thrive in an ever-changing, fast-paced environment, and will work well collaboratively and independently as needed.
You’re excited about this role because you would get to…
- Create digital and print materials: magazine layouts, print and digital ads, email campaigns, marketing assets, presentations, digital assets for social media, and more.
- Collaborate widely across teams: with the marketing team to support projects, campaigns, and offer design solutions; with the editorial team to create beautiful and fresh content while maintaining Mindful’s unique look and feel; and with the advertising and sales teams to create compelling presentation decks, etc.
- Take ownership of every project assigned and work across departments to ensure that deadlines are met and the highest quality is maintained. This is an excellent opportunity to be resourceful and proactive and to flex your attention-to-detail muscles.
We’re excited about you because of your…
- 3+ years of experience with a diverse portfolio and a range of work from presentation decks to print and digital projects.
- High-level understanding of typography.
- Unique skills—whether that’s an ability to create beautiful illustrations, edit video, create animations, or you just love making presentation decks. Whatever excites you creatively, we want to hear about it!
- Keen attention to detail, file organization, and execution in craft.
- Ability to work swiftly on multiple, overlapping projects. You thrive in a fast-paced environment with quick turnarounds and you’re willing and able to jump in and help with projects when needed.
- Interest and/or background in mindfulness.
You’ll love working here because…
- We offer a competitive compensation package.
- You’ll have the opportunity to join a high performing team working out of our Halifax office.
- You’ll be proud to work at Mindful and know that the work you do is making a meaningful impact.
If this sounds like a company you would like to join and a role you would thrive in, please don’t hold back from applying! Whatever skills you bring to the table or background you’re coming from, we invite you to start a conversation with us. We’re looking forward to learning more about you!
Deadline for Applications: Will remain open until position is filled. Seeking to hire ASAP.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to hr (at) mindful (dot) org. All candidates must also provide a portfolio link or pdf of work samples. Please be sure to include “Junior Designer” in the subject line.
Mindful is an Equal Opportunity employer. Personnel are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status or sexual orientation, in accordance with all laws.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $33,000.00-$35,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
- diverse portfolio: 3 years (Required)