The “slow food” movement has been gaining popularity over the past few years as people are trying more to be environmentally conscious. This movement encourages a focus on the local ecosystem in farming and the growing of food that is natural to one’s region. It also promotes growing that food in a manner that is friendly to that ecosystem. Watch this panel discussion with leading voices in the field.
This video is the second chapter of 15, it follows the moderator introduction.This chapter features Wendell Berry on “Deconstructing the Idea of Pleasure.” The remaining chapters may be watched here.
Remaining chapters include :
03. Scaling Down Our Carbon Foot-Print
04. Wendell Berry Rereading Preamble
05. Local Adaptation
06. Eric Schlosser: Revival of Food Culture
07. Lack of Focus on Human Rights
08. Carlo Petrini: Social Injustice
09. Rethinking the Definition of Slow Food
10. Differing Views of Heaven and Hell
11. Vandana Shiva: Nutritional Apartheid
12. Food as Social and Ecological Justice
13. Examples of AgriBusiness Food Programs
14. Alice Waters: Learning Through Doing
15. American Slow Food Wishlist