West Coast Advertising Sales Manager
Join a small team of media specialists who represent the most trusted voice and go-to brand in presenting secular mindfulness to a mainstream audience. Collaborate with us as a commissioned advertising professional selling print and digital properties to a West Coast territory. The ideal candidate brings two years or more experience in the mainstream media industry with immediate access to clients and agencies in top spending sectors, including CPG, Auto, Finance, Travel, Apparel, etc.
Mindful’s parent organization, The Foundation for a Mindful Society, is an independent not-for-profit registered in the United States, with central business and editorial operations located in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada. Candidates able to work remotely from a base on the West Coast are encouraged to apply.
- Outbound phone/online meeting/email sales to new non-endemic advertising accounts.
- National ad sales of Mindful Magazine, Mindful SIPs, Mindful.org newsletters, native advertising/custom content, podcasts, and any other Mindful-developed advertising products.
- Identification and cultivation of potential new non-endemic advertisers, including cold-calling prospects and renewal of select former non-endemic advertisers. Preparing advertising proposals and contracts, plus project short- and long-term sold and pending business.
- Maintaining weekly sold and pending sales reports. Collaborate with Ad Director to determine sales strategies and priorities.
- Understand and communicate Mindful’s brand identity.
Specific qualifications and skills:
- Two years or more experience in consumer advertising sales.
- Experience with the promotion and marketing of online offerings and content.
- Practice or interest in mindfulness and meditation an advantage.
- Comprehensive knowledge of both the media industry and the needs of advertising clients.
- Excellent sales acumen; strong communication, negotiating, and influence skills; and creative and strategic thinking abilities.
Deadline for Applications: May 30, 2019
To apply please send cover letter and resume to Cindy Littlefair at [email protected]